Campaign Monitor recently published Australia Email Marketing Statistics and Benchmarks (2021): By Day and Industry. This comprehensive report based on billions of emails being sent in Australia revealed the following statistics about real estate email marketing:
- Open rate: 23.50%
- Click-through rate 3.30%
- Click to open rate 13.70%
- Unsubscribe 0.40%
With a good email open rate ranging between 15-25%, a good click-through rate of about 2.5%, an average click-to-open rate ranging between 20-30%, and a good unsubscribe rate below 0.5%, this demonstrates the effectiveness of email marketing in Australia’s property market.
On the surface, creating engaging email campaigns seems like a piece of cake but it honestly takes a village to produce and distribute them on a consistent schedule.
Creating endearing email campaigns is challenging, but it’s not rocket science.
Through a robust process, collaboration, creativity, and hard work, your email marketing can convert enquiries into appointments and appointments into sales.
As one of Asia-Pacific’s leading sales and marketing agencies, we understand that generating leads at the top of a funnel is only the beginning because by designing an intimate nurture program, Email Marketing can become a profit centre for your project. With over $1.50 Billion of projects and services marketed since 2017, below are our four salient steps in creating email campaigns for our super cool clients across the property and finance industry to help you get started.
1. In-depth discussion
Every month, our Content Creation Team starts with an in-depth discussion on the possible content we can produce for our clients, with a focus on these three questions:
- What’s a prominent fear in the market? The goal of all educational pieces is to present a persuasive position to help your audience overcome deep-seated concerns. With our knowledge about our client’s customers and by staying up to date with the latest updates in the market, we identify the reasons that can stop their audience from making a decision. We focus on casting their fears and doubts aside by educating the buyers so they can see the solution our client’s product or service provides to their pain. Your goal is to clear your audience’s path from roadblocks so they can reach the ultimate destination of engaging in a profitable transaction with you.
- What do your customers want to know? Put yourself in the shoes of your customers and ask yourself, what would you actually want to know if you were them? You can either do this or spare yourself from the trouble and just ask them directly. We recently did a survey email campaign for ourselves, which we sent to our database to discover the content they want to primarily know from us, be it case studies, industry insights, or step-by-step guides. We enticed our audience to answer the questions with a gift giveaway. This allowed us to set up our content marketing moving forward. Whilst you will be spending around $400 dollars for the prize, the data-rich feedback you will get makes it absolutely worth it.
- How does your product or service solve their pain? Whilst there are many ways you can demonstrate trust; case studies remain to be one of the best ways. They are an invaluable asset when it comes to establishing proof that what you’re offering is valuable. Simultaneously, it helps your audience gain a better perspective of who you are and how you can solve their pain. Another way property developers can demonstrate this is by demonstrating the life your project exclusively offers. Focus on the benefits and not the features of your property to strike real, emotional connections with your audience.
2. Research and Content Writing
Excellent research is the backbone of every brilliant email campaign and at EDC, this is standard in our process. Our writers start with conducting comprehensive research by accessing reputable sources that support our content narrative. We prefer to use The Economist, The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, and The Australian Financial Review. If you want to play with the big boys, you need to bat in their league.
Content is king but with over 2.5 quintillion bytes of data produced every single day and people’s attention span averaging 8 seconds, our way to stand out is by crafting content that connects on a human level. Our writers spend 50% of their time rehearsing the content narrative to make sure our content is engaging, sometimes controversial, and most importantly, educational.
In short, by striking an exemplary balance between statistical research and human touch, you can craft purposeful email campaigns that generate astonishing results.
Pro Tip: Always test your email subjects to determine which works best for your unique audience. An email subject that doesn’t accurately represent what’s inside will be judged accordingly. In fact, 69% of email recipients report email as spam based on subject lines alone. So make sure you optimise your titles and preview text.
Did you know that the human brain processes visuals 60,000 times faster than text?
This explains why: Instagram is the second highest used platform in the world with 84% engagement, articles with images get 94% more views, images posted by Facebook pages are the most shared (55.6%) compared to other post types, and images on average result in a 98% higher comment rate than without on LinkedIn.
Also read: Top 5 Tips On Marketing Your Property To Millennials On Instagram
These statistics simply tell you that visuals matter and your campaigns can only turn into lead generation machines when you couple captivating storytelling with striking images or videos that support your content narrative.
You don’t want to miss this: Top 3 Styles Of Renders That Generate The Most Leads
4. Formatting and Preparation for the Launch
We specialise in a variety of email marketing platforms from MailChimp and Campaign Monitor to Zoho and Vision 6. Our project manager and email designer work collaboratively to check every detail from typographical errors, choice of photos, format, and embedded links before the email campaign reaches me for a final layer of approval. We firmly believe that prevention is better than cure and through our fool-proof process, our clients are confident that everything is seamlessly working before an email campaign reaches their audience.
Here are some of the beautiful email campaigns we produced for our amazing clients:
The creative team at Elite Digital Campaigns has helped craft bespoke and intelligent campaigns for several internationally acclaimed brands and property developments. With a strong background in finance and property, our property marketing agency offers unrivaled knowledge of the industry and truly personalised service.
Some of our current clients include:
If you would like to have a discussion about creating an intimate email nurture program for your business, just reply to this email to start a confidential chat.
– $16,500 Sales From Email Marketing
– The Ultimate 7 Step Guide To Email Marketing