Unicorns are mythical, majestic and beautiful creatures.
In silicon valley, they are start-ups which reach the Everest valuation of $1 Billion and for us at EDC, this is a name we coin for developers who are almost perfect.
No one is perfect, but the Unicorn is and we LOVE seeing Unicorns change communities and define the way we live.
So how do you rank?
Ten qualities of a UNICORN developer
- Analytical– They use data in the present to predict trends in the future.
- Great storyteller– A good developer sells a home with “European appliances”, a great developer makes their buyers the hero of their story and Unicorn developers help their buyers build a life.
- Sincere– They are genuine about creating liveable communities where people can lean in on their built environments.
- Creative– Problems are never-ending and the Unicorn developer will always find ways to create pragmatic solutions.
- Future driven– Looks at how people will live not just in 5 years but in the next generation.
- Objective– They are super clear on which objectives to prioritise. They solve the right They remain accountable to themselves.
- Driven – They strive to deliver the best and stand out from the crowd. Average is a dirty word.
- Humble – They never think their job is done and always look for ways to improve their next project.
- Residents come first– They understand who will buy and ultimately live in their developments. Always start with the end in mind.
- Start with the end in mind– Profit is a by-product of following a strict process. Sales and marketing work in collaboration, not in competition.
Where do you sit?