Universal truth – salespeople always want more leads because they think volume will solve their problems. Whilst I agree that you need a minimum metric, but at the heart of it, do not buy into the folly that more is better, particularly in dealing with high value transactions. When was the last time you threw away a bag of groceries? Never. You never pour your money down the drain.
Most people treat leads as disposable and generally, they do not understand the value of a lead because they do not have to pay for it. If you are a property developer or a business owner, you are well aware of how expensive leads are.
Here is the list of the top 5 property lead generation mistakes to avoid:
1. Vague messaging across your campaign
You have to be really clear about your unique selling proposition (USP). You must have a keen understanding of what makes your product sell, where you want to sell it, who your target market is, and how you plan to promote your offer. It would be best if you explicitly communicated all of these from the beginning. Mystery, in this instance, is not that sexy.
We recently launched a campaign and tested two landing pages, one with a grand launch and the other without any defining literature because we wanted the renders to do the selling. The one with key messaging generated three times more enquiries than the other landing page. Take ownership and direction of the journey for the buyers. You are the storyteller — you cannot think that they know. Hold their hand, whisper in their ears and tell them what to do.
2. Failing to understand the buyer journey
This comes back to understanding that your campaign will do 60 to 70 per cent of the selling for you. The remaining 30 to 40 per cent happens with human contact. If you do not understand this, you will eventually see all your efforts going to waste.
Most times, you either underestimate or overestimate the power of online conversions. Salespeople must also realise that an enquiry is different from a lead. In addition to that, knowing what to deliver at the right time is equally as crucial. This makes your buyers make the decision at the right time because if they do not, how can you tailor that to their buying experience?
Also read: Tips For Following Up Leads
3. You don’t invest in automation to scale your contact.
Humans are fallible. We are likely to make mistakes and run out of time. We are naturally hardwired to have excuses. If there is the presence of technology to help circumvent this to help you while you sleep and you are not using it, I have one piece of advice. You need to use it.
Automation becomes your muscle for persistence. Motivation and persistence in a human can wax, wane, and diminish over time. But automation never tires — it keeps on showing up, and just like a Tesla battery, it keeps on going.
4. You provide too little information.
With the information you have in hand, keep 10 per cent to yourself but be prepared to give away the remaining 90 per cent to your audience. We can only tell you how much we love the heat map of our landing pages because we were able to strike this balance. If you also provide the right amount of information, you get to the core of your users’ DNA.
Living in Germany, I can see why German automakers make some of the most beautiful cars in the world. They cast the cars seamlessly from the way you sit, to how technology integrates, down to how the seating wraps around you. Everything is designed with so much attention to detail, and if you also do the same thing with your property lead generation, you will see how much difference it will bring.
Also read: Three Strategies To Increase Qualified Leads For Your Project
5. You skip the best practices on your website.
Your website is your project’s online universe. It is your most powerful digital tool for lead generation. Take the time to develop a beautiful, engaging, and high converting website. Create a user-friendly platform and use SEO to increase the search engine rankings of your website. Having a professional website can help you generate more leads.
It takes time for property developers to find the best marketing and sales consultants to help them with marketing and sales. If you are a property developer looking for the best marketing and sales agency to help your business with marketing and sales, Elite Digital Campaigns is always here to help.